Group climbs are great if you are traveling solo, are a couple, or just wish to experience the climbing Kilimanjaro with other travelers from around the world.
All group climbs are guaranteed to depart regardless of the number of participants. Your trip will never be canceled, and you will never be asked to pay more, even if you are the only person booked on the climb.
We climb Kilimanjaro every day of the year and can schedule a climb with just 2 days’ notice for any booking group size. However, many climbers – particularly those traveling solo – prefer to join others who have already booked. It is for this reason that we publish our pre-scheduled Kilimanjaro dates below.
Below are our pre-scheduled climbs which you are invited to join, where availability allows.
If the dates below are not convenient for you please propose your own dates and we will arrange a climb specifically to suit you. We are able to organize a climb for you on any day of the year, and there is no minimum group size for this option.
|Reference||Climb Start||Climb End||Route and prices||Availability|
|MKH1||Jun 08-2019||Jun 13-2019||6 Machame-$1750 pp||closed|
|MKH2||Jun 15-2019||Jun 19-2019||5 Marangu-$1650 pp||closed|
|MKH3||Jun 22-2019||Jun 28-2019||7 Machame-$1950 pp||*3 spots left*|
|MKH4||Jul 06-2019||Jul 12-2019||7 Lemosho-$1950 pp||open joining group|
|MKH5||Jul 13-2019||Jul 18-2019||6 Rongai-$1750 pp||open joining group|
|MKH6||Jul 20-2019||Jul 25-2019||7 Shira-$1950 pp||open joining group|
|MKH7||Aug 10-2019||Aug 15-2019||6 Machame-$1750 pp||open joining group|
|MKH8||Aug 17-2019||Aug 22-2019||6 Marangu-$1750 pp||open joining group|
Our standard package includes the following:
- Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
- 2 Nights’ shared, budget 2-star accommodation at Keys Hotel in Moshi, on bed and breakfast basis (lunch and dinner can be arranged on request and at additional cost)
- Hotel accommodation includes storage facilities for excess luggage during hikes
- Return transfers between the hotel to the start/finish point of a climb
- All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping/hut fees, and climbing permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
- The chief guide carries a Pulse Oximeter, used to take blood-oxygen level readings of clients twice a day
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Salaries for the mountain support crew, as per required KINAPA minimum payments
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mat, camp chairs (no backrest), camp tables, mess tent & cutlery for meals) – not applicable on the Marangu route as all meals are served at the camps in designated dining halls
- Water for washing up daily
- Porter to carry your duffel bag, with the maximum weight of 15kg / 32 lbs, from one camp to the next camp
- Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro Travel Information pack
- Private hikes only guaranteed for 2 persons or more on Standard Package bookings – for individual climbers, additional fees would apply to arrange a private climb
Excluded from Standard Package rates:
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional shared tourist shuttle airport transfers between Kilimanjaro International Airport and Moshi town
- Hotel accommodation with the Standard Package does not include dinner but could be arranged at an additional cost
- Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US$250 to US$ 350 per hiker – depending on the number of days and number of hikers in the group, as well as the route is chosen)
- Entry visa for Tanzania (US$50 per passport holder for most nationalities / US $ 100 per visa for USA passport holders)
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional but comes recommended)
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Standard Packages do not include Flying doctors memberships (Helicopter evacuation to Nairobi) but could be done at own arrangement
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – you could rent some of the gear in Tanzania
- Optional, but highly recommended Portable toilet (Portable toilet not allowed on the Marangu route)
- Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
- Meals and drinks not specified.