Group climbs are great if you are traveling solo, are a couple, or just wish to experience the climbing Kilimanjaro with other travelers from around the world. Our groups usually range from 4-12 persons. The maximum number of clients in a group climb is 12-18 persons depending on the route chosen.
We offer group climbs on the following routes: Machame, Lemosho, Shira, Northern Circuit, Marangu, and Rongai.
All group climbs are guaranteed to depart regardless of the number of participants. Your trip will never be canceled, and you will never be asked to pay more, even if you are the only person booked on the climb.
We climb Kilimanjaro every day of the year and can schedule a climb with just 2 days’ notice for any booking group size. However, many climbers – particularly those travelling solo – prefer to join others who have already booked. It is for this reason that we publish our pre-scheduled Kilimanjaro dates below.
Below are our pre-scheduled climbs which you are invited to join, where availability allows.
If the dates below are not convenient for you please propose your own dates and we will arrange a climb specifically to suit you. We are able to organise a climb for you on any day of the year, and there is no minimum group size for this option.
|Reference||Climb Start||Climb End||Route and prices||Availability|
|MKH1||Jan 06-2019||Jan 11-2019||6 Machame-$1850 pp||Group is open to join|
|MKH2||Jan 13-2019||Jan 17-2019||5 Marangu-$1650 pp||Group is open to join|
|MKH3||Jan 20-2019||Jan 26-2019||7 Machame-$1950 pp||Group is open to join|
|MKH4||Jan 26-2019||Jan 31-2019||6 Rongai-$1850 pp||Group is open to join|
|MKH5||Feb 03-2019||Feb 08-2019||6 Rongai-$1850 pp||Group is open to join|
|MKH6||Feb 10-2019||Feb 16-2019||7 Rongai-$1950 pp||Group is open to join|
|MKH7||Feb 17-2019||Sept 22-2019||6 Machame-$1850 pp||Group is open to join|
|MKH8||Feb 24-2019||Mar 01-2019||6 Marangu-$1850 pp||Group is open to join|
KILIMANJARO PACKAGE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
- 2 Nights’ shared, budget 2 star accommodation at Keys Hotel in Moshi, on bed and breakfast basis (lunch and dinner can be arranged on request and at additional cost)
- Hotel accommodation includes storage facilities for excess luggage during hikes
- Return transfers between the hotel to the start / finish point of a climb
- All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping / hut fees and climbing permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
- Chief guide carries a Pulse Oximeter, used to take blood-oxygen level readings of clients twice a day
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Salaries for mountain support crew, as per required KINAPA minimum payments
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mat, camp chairs (no back rest), camp tables, mess tent & cutlery for meals) – not applicable on the Marangu route as all meals are served at the camps in designated dining halls
- Water for washing up daily
- Porter to carry your duffel bag, with maximum weight of 15kg / 32 lbs, from one camp to the next camp
- Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive ClimbingKilimanjaro Travel Information pack
- Private hikes only guaranteed for 2 persons or more on Standard Package bookings – for individual climbers additional fees would apply to arrange a private climb
KILIMANJARO PACKAGE EXCLUDES:
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional shared tourist shuttle airport transfers between Kilimanjaro International Airport and Moshi town
- Hotel accommodation with the Standard Package does not include dinner, but could be arranged at an additional cost
- Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US$250 to US$ 350 per hiker – depending on the number of days and number of hikers in the group, as well as the route chosen)
- Entry visa for Tanzania (US$50 per passport holder for most nationalities / US $ 100 per visa for USA passport holders)
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional, but comes recommended)
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Standard Packages do not include Flying doctors memberships (Helicopter evacuation to Nairobi), but could be done at own arrangement
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – you could rent some of the gear in Tanzania
- Optional, but highly recommended Portable toilet (Portable toilet not allowed on the Marangu route)
- Snacks, personal medicine and water purifying tablets
- Meals and drinks not specified.